Thursday 7 April 2011

Bradgate Park

For the next of our tasks for visual design, we had to return to Bradgate park to do some drawing. I decided to go on the Wednesday, as I usually try to get all my work done for visual design each week by Friday. However, it was really rainy, and I didn't get too much done. I've been lucky so far this year, and this is the first time I've been rained on while drawing; it's really difficult to draw with pencil on wet paper, and my sketchbook has fallen apart. However, it lucky only had a few pages left in it, and nothing inside has been ruined. Good news thought was that I got the sketches done, and I got the right bus ( I was really worried I'd get lost)

Here are the sketches I produced. I went over and painted them in ink once I got back, as the sketches needed more work and I liked the effect of the ink paintings I did on the last project.




Bradgate sketches


I think, although these were a bit more rushed than the previous ones I produced when going to bradgate, that these sketches came out better
.
I then chose the sketch I liked most then redrew it on Photoshop. I then painted it in the program to produce my final for this project. I added the dear to give a focal point to the painting.


Work in progress of Bradgate park final


This is my final piece I produced. I think I've made a lot of improvement in my digital painting since my painting on the previous project:


Final piece for Bradgate park project

1 comment: